Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thinking about Seroquel again

I have been thinking again about Seroquel, which is produced by AstraZeneca  whom I officially hate. I know this sounds rather childish. They have ruined my life as I knew it. 

I started taking Seroquel in 2005, I was mis-diagnosed with Bi-Polar II. I have several mental illnesses that I am medicated for. (See previous post: Depression and Other Issues ). 

I am currently in a very depressed state and this has been coming on for a few months. I have to think perhaps the missing Seroquel is causing this. I also think it has to do with dealing with the major health issues I have been dealing with since my D dx in Sept.  I see PsychDoc tomorrow and am going to address this issue with him. If this is the case, I am clearly in need of some other kind of medication to make up for the Seroquel, so I can get off it for good and start to not feel so down and out. I have been logging my meds for the month of March, how I am feeling etc on a sheet to take to him tomorrow. I am sure this will help with things. I also have to start letting them know how I really feel. This is not the time to "put on that happy face", "shake things off" or generally sugar coat (mmmmmsugar) my emotions and feelings. 

I did contact AstraZeneca before, they did respond with a lame attempt at a condascending response telling me they would be "passing this email along to the internal research core" or something like that. Hey, I am going to look for the email in my important papers box and post it here...ok, I just went through my emails and found the one I was talking about. I re read it first, and seeing it was not so fresh in my mind and I was not so angry as in Sept, I found a line in it I had missed before. She had asked me to give her permission to contact my FamDoc. !!! Ok, I will take the blame for missing that line, although it was strange, she sent one email, recalled it, sent a second one (with the contact info line), which is I suppose why I missed it?

I just composed an email in return, which after I talk to my Doc tomorrow will send to her with the appropriate information attached. I am sitting here red faced. 

I must go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment